Monday 21 February 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chatney.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Capsized or Achron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 February 2011 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 February
- Bernard Nathanson: American abortionist turned pro-life activist (Born 1926).
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The Libyan Air Force launches airstrikes on crowds of protesters. Two civilian helicopters carrying French nationals and two Libyan Mirage jets land in Malta. The Libyan pilots claim that they received orders to bomb protesters, and request political asylum. (''Times of Malta'')
- Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, a son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, warns in a nationally televised address that the protests could develop into a civil war. (AFP via Google News)
- UAE-based Al Arabiya and Qatar-based Al Jazeera reported earlier that Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, head of Libya, has left for Brazil or Venezuela. (''The Guardian'')
- Clashes and gunfire are reported in Tripoli for the first time. (Al Jazeera)
- Islamic leaders and clerics in Libya urge all Muslims to rebel against Gaddafi. (Reuters)
- Hillary Clinton calls on Libyan authorities to ampquotstop this unacceptable bloodshedampquot. (Reuters)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- 2011 Bahraini protests
- The cancellation of the 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix is announced. (BBC)
- Situation in Somalia:
- A car bomb attack in Somalia kills 13 people. (Press TV)
- At least five people are killed and dozens injured in clashes between military forces from Somaliland and clan militias in the disputed Sool region. (AHN)
- An excavation begins at the Tokyo site of Unit 731, a covert Imperial Japanese Army biological and chemical warfare site that conducted human experimentation. (Japan Today)
- A suspected United States missile strike kills four militants in the South Waziristan region of Pakistan. (AP via Google News)
- English rock band Deep Purple will release a record single of the song ampquotHushampquot in support of UK Record Store Day which is the third Saturday in April. (AP via ROCKAAA)
- UK based oil giant BP agrees to pay Reliance Industries $7.2 billion for a stake in 23 oil and gas blocks in deep water off India. The two companies will also enter into a joint venture for marketing and sourcing natural gas. (Reuters)
- ConAgra lays off 234 workers from its Slim Jim manufacturing plant in Garner, North Carolina prior to the closure of the plant. (''News and Observer'')
- The United States cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis declare snow emergencies. (AP via ''Minnesota Star-Tribune'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?