Monday 28 February 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Khloee Jae .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Limitless, directed by Neil Burger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn or Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2011 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Arab Spring:
- Al Jazeera reports that many African migrant workers in Libya have been victims of violence due to suspicions that they are mercenaries for Muammar Gaddafi's regime. (Al Jazeera)
- France sends two planeloads of aid to opponents of the Libyan regime in Benghazi. (Reuters)
- Forces loyal to Colonel Gaddafi surround the town of Zawiya as part of a general counterattack. (''New York Times'')
- David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom announces that he is working on a no-fly zone over Libya. (USA Today)
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces that the United States will be sending assistance teams to Libya's borders with Algeria and Egypt.
- Muammar Gaddafi tells the BBC that all of his people love him and refuses to acknowledge that there are protests in Tripoli. (BBC)
- The United States freezes $30 billion in Libyan assets. (''Washington Post'')
- The Justice and Equality Movement in Darfur, western Sudan, asks the United Nations to rescue its leader in Libya, after accusations he was supporting mercenary activities in the country. (Reuters)
- Opposition forces rescue seven rebels 'buried alive' under concrete in a government compound in Benghazi, while close to 100,000 migrant workers flee Libya. (Daily Mail)
- 2011 Omani protests:
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Bahraini protesters block access to the Parliament of Bahrain. (''Times of India'')
- Ethiopia and Kenya may attack the al-Shabaab Islamist militant group in Somalia, following its threat to target Kenya. (Reuters)
- A bomb explodes in Yangon, Burma, injuring eight people. (''Straits Times'')
- Frank Buckles, the last surviving veteran of World War I in the United States, passes away in Charles Town, West Virginia, aged 110. (AP via Fox News)
- Television advertising in the United Kingdom
- The ban on product placement in television programmes is lifted, allowing advertisers to pay for their goods to be seen on British TV. The first product to be displayed in this regard is a Nescafe coffee machine, which appeared on ''This Morning''. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- A year long trial also begins allowing commercial television channels to show up to 12 minutes of adverts per hour during films and dramas, bringing them into line with soap operas where this is already permitted. (''Daily Telegraph'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 February 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Napoli : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Malaga - Almeria : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Tours : 4 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- No BS - Chris Brown
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Sing - My Chemical Romance
- Isolation - Alter Bridge
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Welcome To The Family - Avenged Sevenfold
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.23
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.28
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.06
- 1 CHF = 7.0682 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7548 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9554 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.695 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?