Monday January 01, 1973, NewYear’s Day
US date format: 1/1/1973, UK date format: 1/1/1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 1, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Danny Lloyd and Madeleine Peyroux.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution by Dr. Robert Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dead of Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 01, 1973?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 01, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
Top #11 songs in the UK
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- David Bowie - The Jean Genie
- The Sweet - Blockbuster
- T Rex - Solid Gold Easy Action
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- Wings - Hi Hi Hi / C Moon
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 01If January 01, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 8 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 9 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?