Friday 12 January 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Morton in Milwaukee and Matthew Wong.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bobby Darin Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1973 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Greg Morton in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; actor (Scarecrow and Mrs King).
- Matthew Wong: American musician (Reel Big Fish).
- Olivier Peslier: French jockey, considered the best in his field.
- Brian Culbertson: American pianist and producer.
- Dan Haseltine: American singer-songwriter (Jars of Clay).
- Hande Yener: Turkish singer-songwriter producer and actress
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- The Four Tops - Keeper Of The Castle
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- The Sweet - Blockbuster
- David Bowie - The Jean Genie
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- T Rex - Solid Gold Easy Action
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Wings - Hi Hi Hi / C Moon
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?