Monday 8 January 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Paul and Jeremy Spencer.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Eiger Sanction by Trevanian was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teddy Edward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 January 1973 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Sean Paul
- Jeremy Spencer: Drummer.
- Mike Cameron: American baseball player.
- Henning Solberg: Norwegian race car driver.
- Jason Stevens: Australian rugby league player and sportscaster.
- Tricks opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 8 performances
- USSR launches Luna 21 for Moon landing
- Secret peace talks between US and North Vietnam resume near Paris, France.
- Watergate scandal: The trial of seven men accused of illegal entry into Democratic Party headquarters at Watergate begins.
- Soviet space mission Luna 21 is launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- The Four Tops - Keeper Of The Castle
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
- The Sweet - Blockbuster
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- David Bowie - The Jean Genie
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- T Rex - Solid Gold Easy Action
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
- Wings - Hi Hi Hi / C Moon
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?