Saturday 1 July 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Walwyn and Frank Baumann.
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1933
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1933 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Frank Baumann: Baseball player.
- Peter Walwyn: British race horse trainer.
- C Scott Littleton: American anthropologist and academic (d. 2010).
- Forrest Hoglund: American mechanical engineer and CEO of Enron Oil and Gas company, an oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Eric Hilton: American business manager, a former vice chairman of Hilton Hotels Corporation.
- The London Passenger Transport Board is founded.