Thursday 1 June 1933US date format: 6/1/1933, UK date format: 1/6/1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1933). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Ameche and Henry B. Eyring.
His Private Secretary, directed by Phil Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1933
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1933 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Alan Ameche
- Henry B. Eyring: Leader.
- Alan "the Horse" Ameche: Wisconsin, United States -- NFL fullback (Baltimore Colts).
- Alan (the Horse) Ameche in Wisconsin: USA; NFL fullback (Baltimore Colts).
- Henry Eyring: Educator.
- Charlie Wilson: American politician, a 12-term congressman and the subject of the 2007 movie "Charlie Wilson's War.
- Haruo Remeliik: Palauan politician 1st President of Palau (d. 1985).
- Charles Wilson: American lieutenant and politician (d. 2010).
- Alan Ameche: American football player, he died in 1988.
- Charlie Chaplin weds Paulette Goddard
- W.A. Julian takes office as US Treasurer.