Thursday 1 June 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan "the Horse" Ameche and Alan (the Horse) Ameche in Wisconsin.
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1933 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Alan "the Horse" Ameche: Wisconsin, United States -- NFL fullback (Baltimore Colts).
- Alan (the Horse) Ameche in Wisconsin: USA; NFL fullback (Baltimore Colts).
- Alan Ameche: American football player, he died in 1988.
- Charlie Wilson: American politician, a 12-term congressman and the subject of the 2007 movie "Charlie Wilson's War.
- Haruo Remeliik: Palauan politician 1st President of Palau (d. 1985).
- Charles Wilson: American lieutenant and politician (d. 2010)
- Charlie Chaplin weds Paulette Goddard
- W.A. Julian takes office as US Treasurer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?