Tuesday 1 August 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erwin Nypels and Dominick "Dom" DeLuise in Brooklyn.
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1933 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Erwin Nypels: Dutch economist / Minister of Housing (D66).
- Dominick "Dom" DeLuise in Brooklyn: New York, USA; American comic actor (Blazing Saddles, Smokey and the Bandit II, The Cannonball Run).
- Dusan Trestik: Czech historian (d. 2007).
- Jesse Corti: Venezuelan-born actor and comedian.
- Iris Love: American archeologist, prizewinning dog breeder, socialite, and heiress to the Guggenheim Foundation.
- Dom DeLuise: American actor and comedian (Born 1933)
- Masaichi Kaneda: Japanese baseball player and manager
- Teri Shields: American actress producer and agent (d. 2012)
- Dušan Třeštík: Czech historian and author (d. 2007)
- Carl Hubbell sets record of consecutive scoreless innings (45 1 / 3)
- Death penality for anti fascists in Germany
- Dutch colonial regime in Batavia arrest ir Sukarno
- NRA (National Recovery Administration) is established.
- The Blue Eagle emblem of the National Recovery Administration is displayed publicly for the first time.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?