Friday 7 July 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Kallman and Murray Halberg.
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1933!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1933 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Dick Kallman: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Borned to Be Loved, Verboten!).
- Murray Halberg: New Zealand -- 5K runner (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert De Goulaine: French writer and marquis with a château, a tropical butterfly collection and a wine yard.
- Richard Kallman: American actor.
- Philippe Louet: French diplomat, who served as his country's Ambassador to Turkey (1985-1988) and Sweden (1989-1992).
- Andr? Morel: St-Quentin Military man.
- J J: J.
- David McCullough: American historian and author.
- Bruce Wells: English boxer and actor (d. 2009).
- John M Acket: Literary (New Friends), dies at 70.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?