Monday 1 October 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Mcdonnell and Eric Poncet.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Close To You by Maxi Priest.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Henry & June, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Prisoners of Gravity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assault City or Fatal Labyrinth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1990 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Charlie Mcdonnell: English videoblogger.
- Eric Poncet: Guitarist.
- Remmy Valenzuela: World Music Singer.
- Hazal Kaya: TV Actress.
- Charlie McDonnell: YouTube Star.
- Jan Kirchhoff: German footballer
- Pedro Mendes: Portuguese footballer
- Albert Prosa: Estonian footballer
- 10,000 Uganda RPF rebels move into Rwanda
- Meteorite explode above Pacific Ocean
- Serbs in Croatia proclaim autonomy
- The agreement is signed whereby the Allies of World War II return full sovereignty to Germany as of the agreed-to unification date of October 3.
- President George Bush at the United Nations, condemns Iraq's takeover of Kuwait.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?