Monday 4 August 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Cavalera and Sébastien Demorand.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
More, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1969!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 August 1969 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Max Cavalera: Brazilian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Sepultura Soulfly Nailbomb and Cavalera Conspiracy).
- Sébastien Demorand
- Shawna Kenney
- Vlad Ivanov: Romanian actor.
- Troy O'Leary: American baseball player.
- Norm Casola: CFL slot back (Toronto Argonauts).
- Mark Bickley: Australian footballer and coach.
- Michael DeLuise: American actor director and producer.
- Willie Stargell is first to hit a home run outside of Dodger Stadium.
- Vietnam War: at the apartment of French intermediary Jean Sainteny in Paris, American representative Henry Kissinger and North Vietnamese representative Xuan Thuy begin secret peace negotiations. The negotiations will eventually fail.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?