Sunday 2 August 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chainey Umphrey and Elijah Alexander.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ljubav na seoski nacin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1970 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Chainey Umphrey: Albuquerque, New Mexico -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Elijah Alexander: NFL linebacker (Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos).
- Jonathan Andrew Kaye: Denver, Colorado -- PGA golfer (1995 Quad City-2nd).
- Wes Bender: WLAF / NFL running back (Frankfurt Galaxy, NO Saints).
- Kevin Smith: Director.
- Tony Amonte: Hingham, Massachusetts -- NHL right wing (Chicago Blackhawks, USA)
- Philo Wallace: Barbiadian West Indies cricketer
- Baltimore defeats Kansas City 10-8, Orioles 23rd straight win over the Royals
- Songwriter Sammy Cahn marries Tita Curtis in California
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?