Saturday 8 August 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amaia Arruti and Catriona Fallon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ljubav na seoski nacin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1970 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Amaia Arruti: LPGA golfer.
- Catriona Fallon: Burlingame, California -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Simone Annichiarico: Italian noted family member, she is the daughter of actor Walter Chiari and Alida Chelli.
- Patrice Braut: Belgian victim working as informatician in the WTC (97th Floor, twin tower North), discovered 13 years later by DNA test.
- Pascal Duquenne: Belgian actor, winner of the Best Performer Prize at the Cannes Film Festival on 5/20/1996 for his role in "The Eighth Day," directed by Jaco Van Dormael.
- Trev Alberts: American football player and journalist
- Ben Davis: English chemist and academic
- Chester Williams: South African rugby player and coach
- New York Yankees honor Casey Stengel, retiring his number 37 (BTG was there)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?