Thursday 27 August 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Woodcroft and Reggie Slater.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Schwarzer Peter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1970 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Greg Woodcroft: Hamilton, Ontario -- 52 kg freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Reggie Slater: NBA forward (Toronto Raptors).
- Edson Nascimento: Brazilian noted family, the son of soccer champ Pelé, known by his own nickname, "Edinho".
- Jim Thome: Peoria, Illinois -- Infielder (Cleveland Indians).
- Leanna Creel: TV Actress.
- Colt Ford: Country Singer
- Pokwang : Filipino actress and singer
- Andy Bichel: Australian cricketer and coach
- Peter Ebdon: English snooker player
- Mark Ilott: English cricketer
- Tony Kanal: English-American bass player songwriter and producer (No Doubt)
- Jeff Kenna: Irish footballer and manager
- Park Myeong-su: South Korean singer-songwriter and television host
- Kelly Trump: German porn actress
- Karl Unterkircher: Italian mountaineer (d. 2008)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?