Thursday August 13, 1970US date format: 8/13/1970, UK date format: 13/8/1970
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wendy Whoppers and Alan Shearer.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House of Dark Shadows, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Secret Woman by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Irmãos Coragem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1970
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1970 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Wendy Whoppers
- Alan Shearer: British soccer player, the highest paid...
- Elvis Grbac: NFL quarterback (SF 49ers, KC Chiefs).
- Matt Hyson: American professional wrestler.
- Éva Sas
- Seana Kofoed
- Spike Dudley: American wrestler and trainer.
- Will Clarke: American novelist.
- Mark Tomlinson: Family Member.
- Tim Watson: NFL / WLAF safety (Raiders, Barcelona...
- Viktor Nikolayevich Trambitsky: Composer, dies at 75.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Edwin Starr - War
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
- Get Up (I Feel Like Being Like A) Sex Machine (Part 1) - James Brown
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Do You See My Love (For You Growing)
- Edwin Starr - War
- The Love You Save/I Found That Girl - Jackson 5
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Johnnie Taylor - Steal Away
- Gene Chandler - Groovy Situation
- Tyrone Davis - I'll Be Right Here
- The Three Degrees - Maybe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?