Saturday August 15, 1970US date format: 8/15/1970, UK date format: 15/8/1970
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Anderson and Kevin Cheng.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House of Dark Shadows, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Irmãos Coragem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1970
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1970 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Anthony Anderson: American comedian and actor.
- Kevin Cheng
- Maddie Corman: American actress.
- Dawn Ponte: Kent, Rhode Island -- Dance skater (1995...
- Maya Soetoro-Ng: Indonesian-American academic.
- Ben Silverman: American actor producer and screenwriter...
- Stéphane Peysson: French rugby union player.
- Karl August Andersen: Composer, dies at 66.
- Patricia Palinkas becomes 1st woman pro football player (Orlando)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Edwin Starr - War
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
- Get Up (I Feel Like Being Like A) Sex Machine (Part 1) - James Brown
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Do You See My Love (For You Growing)
- Edwin Starr - War
- The Love You Save/I Found That Girl - Jackson 5
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Johnnie Taylor - Steal Away
- Gene Chandler - Groovy Situation
- Tyrone Davis - I'll Be Right Here
- The Three Degrees - Maybe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?