Monday 2 December 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Harding and Jiri Dopita in Sumperk.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Love Child by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Skidoo, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while A Small Town in Germany by John le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching TV Bukvar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1968 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Mark Harding: Bath, England -- Keeper of Internet biographies.
- Jiri Dopita in Sumperk: Czechoslovakia; hockey forward (Team Czechoslovakia Olympics-gold-1998).
- Elna Reinach in Pretoria: South Africa; tennis star.
- Darryl Kile in Garden Grove: California, USA; pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Mu'Min Bey: American astrologer who began his study the summer of 1992 after hearing a radio show on Astrology.
- Lucy Liu: American actress
- Nate Mendel: American bassist (Foo Fighters)
- Rena Sofer: Actress (Rocky-Loving, Lois Cerullo- General Hospital)
- David Batty: English footballer
- Darryl Kile: American baseball player (Born 1968)
- Adamson-Eric (Eric Adamson): Estonian painter (Born 1902).
- President Nixon names Henry Kissinger security advisor
- US President Richard Nixon names Henry Kissinger security advisor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?