Monday 23 December 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Gavignet and Yarol Poupaud.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Force 10 From Navarone by Alistair MacLean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Happening for Lulu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 December 1968 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Sidney Gavignet
- Yarol Poupaud: French musician, guitarist and multi-instrumentalist, brother of actor Melvil Poupaud.
- Lucy Bell: English-Australian actress.
- Karyn Bryant: American journalist actress producer and screenwriter.
- Quincy Jones: English-Swedish songwriter and producer.
- Barry Kooser: American painter and animator.
- Manuel Rivera-Ortiz: Puerto Rican-American photographer.
- Olga Shishigina: Kazakhstani hurdler.
- René Tretschok: German footballer and manager.
- Quincy Jones III: Swedish-American musician.
- 1st US case of space motion sickness
- Borman, Lovell and Anders become 1st men to orbit Moon
- North Korea releases Pueblo crew
- First documented US case of space motion sickness.
- The crew of Apollo 8 (Borman, Lovell, and Anders) become first men to orbit Moon.
- The 82 sailors from the USS Pueblo are released after eleven months of internment in North Korea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?