Friday 30 December 1949US date format: 12/30/1949, UK date format: 30/12/1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 30, 1949). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Flaherty and Bruce Davidson.
The File on Thelma Jordon, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1949
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1949 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Jim Flaherty: Canadian lawyer and politician 37th...
- Bruce Davidson: Equestrian 3-day (1996 Olympics - Silver...
- Linda Goudey: American homicide victim who was found...
- David Bedford: English runner.
- The Malta Labour Party is founded.
- The Vatican announces that bones uncovered in its subterranean catacombs could be the apostle Peter 19 years later, Pope Paul VI announces confirmation that the bones belong to this first pope.ampquotYear by Year 1949ampquot – History Channel International.
- The first 20nbspmm M61 Vulcan Gatling gun prototypes are completed.
- 1949 was the first year in which no African-American was reported lynched in the USA.''From Harding to Hiroshima'' by Barrington Boardman (1988), p. 14. ISBN 0-934878-94-3
- Joseph Stalin launches a savage attack on Soviet Jews, accusing them of being pro-Western and antisocialist.
- Samuel Putnam publishes his new translation of ''Don Quixote'', the first in what we would consider modern English. It is instantly acclaimed and, in 2008, is still in print.
- Fernand Braudel's ''La Méditerranée et le Monde Méditerranéen à l'Epoque de Philippe II'' is published.