Monday 2 June 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudine Tiercelin and Gary Bettman.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching China Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1952 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:02 June
- 650,000 metal workers go on strike in US
- Maurice Olley of General Motors begins designing the Corvette
- General Motors executives are formally presented with Harley Earl's proposal for a two-seater sports car. General Motors president Charles Wilson and Chevrolet general manager Thomas Keating approve completing a prototype for the 1953 Motorama. The project is code-named "Opel Sports Car".
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Somewhere Along The Way - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?