Saturday 20 August 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Strify (Cinema Bizarre) and Jerryd Bayless.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Capote by Gerald Clarke was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Camouflage or Cybernoid II: The Revenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1988 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Strify (Cinema Bizarre)
- Jerryd Bayless: American basketball player.
- Bharat Chawda
- Naathan Phan: Scottish magician and actor.
- Nikki SooHoo: American actress.
- José Zamora: Spanish footballer.
- Sarah R: Lotfi American director producer and screenwriter.
- Ferhat Pehlivan: Turkish boxer.
- 6.5 earthquake strikes India / Nepal, 1,000s killed
- Peru becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- ''Black Saturday'' of the Yellowstone fire in Yellowstone National Park
- Iran : Iraq War: a cease-fire is agreed after almost eight years of war.
- The Troubles: Eight British Army soldiers are killed and 28 wounded when their bus is hit by a Provisional Irish Republican Army roadside bomb in Northern Ireland (see Ballygawley bus bombing).
- The Iran–Iraq War ends, with an estimated one million lives lost.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- George Michael - Monkey
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?