Monday 2 October 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Chauvet and John Gurdon.
I'm No Angel, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1933 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Guy Chauvet: Montluéon Opera Singers.
- John Gurdon: English biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Michel Plasson: French conductor.
- Phill Niblock: American composer, filmmaker and videographer.
- Enn Nõu: Estonian-Swedish author and academic.
- Dave Somerville: Canadian singer and actor (The Diamonds) (d. 2015).
- Dimiter Khristov: Composer.
- Pedro Cervantes: Mexican sculptor who has exhibited in Mexico and abroad as well as created large monumental works for various locations in the country.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?