Friday 13 October 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Kaczynski and Raynald Frechette.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1933 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Adam Kaczynski: Composer.
- Raynald Frechette: Canadian politician and jurist (d. 2007).
- Queen Narriman: Egyptian royalty (d. 2005).
- Thomas Bingham: Baron Bingham of Cornhill English lawyer and judge Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales (d. 2012).
- Raynald Fréchette: Canadian lawyer judge and politician (d. 2007).
- Soccer team STEVO forms in Geesteren
- The British Interplanetary Society is founded.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?