Saturday 14 October 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Fabre (actor) and Wilfried Dietrich.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1933 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Pierre Fabre (actor)
- Wilfried Dietrich: German wrestler, Olympic Champion in freestyle wrestling, Olympic silver medalist in Greco-Roman wrestling, winner of a total of five Olympic medals, World Champion in freestyle.
- Nazi Germany announces withdrawal from League of Nations
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?