Friday 6 October 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Bowen and Geoff Writer.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1933 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- William Bowen: American university president, economist.
- Geoff Writer: New Zealand writer and editor of a newspaper.
- Horst Bingle: Writer.
- Michel Roudevitch: French cinema critic, cartoonist, screenwriter, animator and director who has worked in the animated cinema industry since the 1960s.
- Zakhary Petrovich Paliashvili: Composer, dies at 62.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?