Tuesday 10 October 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Massey and Gerald Masters.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1933 ?
- Daniel Massey: London, England -- Actress (Vault of Horror).
- Gerald Masters: South African / British author (Pan Book of Dates).
- S Kivinen: Finnish scholar, philosopher, and skeptic, an activist member of Finnish skeptics.
- Jay Sebring: American beautician who owned an up-scale salon in Hollywood.
- 1st synthetic detergent, Dreft by Procter and Gamble, goes on sale
- United Airlines Chesterton Crash: A United Airlines Boeing 247 is destroyed by sabotage, the first such proven case in the history of commercial aviation.
- A United Airlines Boeing 247 is destroyed near Chesterton, Indiana, by a bomb. This is the first proven case of air sabotage in commercial airline history.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?