Tuesday 2 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Aycock and David Bale South African.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1941 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Tommy Aycock: Edinburg, Texas -- PGA golfer (1994 Las Vegas Senior-5th).
- David Bale South African: born American animal rights activist (d. 2003).
- Graeme Langlands: Australian rugby league footballer.
- David Bale: South African American pilot and activist (d. 2003).
- Jyrki Otila: Finnish economist and politician (d. 2003).
- Sadhana Shivdasani: Indian actress (d. 2015)
- John Thompson: American basketball player coach and sportscaster
- Lloyd Seay: American stock car driver (Born 1919).
- Academy copyrights Oscar statuette
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?