Tuesday 2 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marge Champion and Frank Edmonds.
A Lion in the House, directed by Steven Bognar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1919 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Marge Champion: American dancer, ballet and ballroom, started at age five by her dad, a Hollywood dance instructor.
- Gideon William Waldrop: Composer.
- Frank Edmonds: American astronomer and professor at the University of Texas, Austin.
- Grigoriy Yevdokimov: Colonel (Retired) and Hero of the Soviet Union Grigoriy Yevdokimov was born at noon on 2 September 1919 in the village Ozhga, Udmurtiya.
- de Penguilly: St Lormel EXecutives.
- Lance Macklin: English race car driver and businessman (d. 2002).
- Italy agress to general voting right / proportional representation
- National Commission recommends a best-of-9 World Series
- Communist Party of America organized in Chicago.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Arthur Collins