Tuesday 2 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marge Champion and Gideon William Waldrop.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1919 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Marge Champion: American dancer, ballet and ballroom, started at age five by her dad, a Hollywood dance instructor.
- Gideon William Waldrop: Composer.
- Frank Edmonds: American astronomer and professor at the University of Texas, Austin.
- Grigoriy Yevdokimov: Colonel (Retired) and Hero of the Soviet Union Grigoriy Yevdokimov was born at noon on 2 September 1919 in the village Ozhga, Udmurtiya.
- de Penguilly: St Lormel EXecutives.
- Lance Macklin: English race car driver and businessman (d. 2002).
- Italy agress to general voting right / proportional representation
- National Commission recommends a best-of-9 World Series
- Communist Party of America organized in Chicago.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dear Little Boy of Mine - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?