Sunday 2 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Thom and Rene Thom.
The White Sister, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1923 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- René Thom: French mathematician who made his reputation as a topologist, moving on to aspects of what would be called singularity theory; he became world-famous among the wider academic community and the educated general public for one aspect of this latter interest, his work as founder of catastrophe theory (later developed by Erik Christopher Zeeman).
- Rene Thom: French mathematician (d. 2002).
- Ramon Valdes: Mexican actor (Born 1923).
- Ramón Valdés: Mexican actor (d. 1988).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith