Sunday 9 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Carleton Gajdusek and Jean-Maxime Lévêque.
Zaza, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1923 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Daniel Carleton Gajdusek: American virologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 2008).
- Jean-Maxime Lévêque: French government official and business leader.
- Max Lüscher: Swiss psychotherapist.
- Cliff Robertson: American actor, the winner of an Emmy for "The Game" on TV's Chrysler Theatre in 1965 and an Oscar for "Charley" on 4/14/1969.
- Daniel Gajdusek: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Perry: English actor singer and screenwriter
- Albin Stenroos runs world record 20 km (1:07:11.2)
- Turkish head of state Atatürk founds the CHP.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Stella - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?