Sunday 9 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Robertson and Jimmy Perry.
Scaramouche, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1923 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Cliff Robertson: American actor, the winner of an Emmy for "The Game" on TV's Chrysler Theatre in 1965 and an Oscar for "Charley" on 4/14/1969.
- Jimmy Perry: English actor singer and screenwriter.
- Daniel Carleton Gajdusek: American virologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 2008).
- Jean-Maxime Lévêque: French government official and business leader.
- Max Lüscher: Swiss psychotherapist.
- Daniel Gajdusek: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2008).
- Albin Stenroos runs world record 20 km (1:07:11.2)
- Turkish head of state Atatürk founds the CHP.