Saturday 29 September 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Malcolm and O A "Bum" Phillips.
A Woman of Paris: A Drama of Fate, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1923 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ellen Malcolm: Painter.
- O A "Bum" Phillips: Football coach (Houston Oilers / New Orlean Saints).
- Dick O'Keefe: American athlete, pro basketball player for four seasons beginning in 1947.
- OA Phillips: American coach of the Houston Oilers, then a Los Angeles team.
- Bum Phillips: Coach.
- Stan Berenstain: American author and illustrator (d. 2005)
- 6th PGA Championship: Gene Sarazen at Pelham Country Club - Pelham, New York
- Steinhart Aquarium in Golden Gate Park opens to public
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?