Friday 28 September 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Windom in New York City and Duke of Buccleuch.
A Woman of Paris: A Drama of Fate, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1923 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Duke of Buccleuch: British large landowner / art collector.
- William Windom in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Farmer's Daughter, Murder She Wrote).
- Fred Robbins in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; DJ (Coke Time with Eddie Fisher, Robbins Nest).
- Tuli Kupferberg: American singer poet and author (The Fugs) (d. 2010).
- John Scott: 9th Duke of Buccleuch Scottish captain and politician Lord Lieutenant of Selkirkshire (d. 2007).
- William Windom: American actor (d. 2012).
- Abyssinia (Ethiopia) leaves League of Nations
- Radio Times 1st published
- Yanks slaughter Red Sox 24-4
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra