Friday 3 August 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Freelancers, directed by Jessy Terrero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Communist by Paul Kengor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds Star Wars or The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 August 2012 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 August
- Mexican Drug War: The Mexican Army arrests another member of Los Zetas drug cartel responsible for decapitating 49 bodies and dumping them on a roadside in May 2012 the suspect is one of the 37 fugitives of the Apodaca prison riot earlier this year. (Fox News)
- Syrian civil war (2011-present):
- The Syrian Army increases artillery shelling of Aleppo as the Free Syrian Army tries to consolidate its control of the city's eastern districts. (Al Jazeera)
- The opposition claims that over 60 people were allegedly massacred by the Syrian Army in the Arbaeen neighborhood of the city of Hama. (CNN)
- The United Nations General Assembly adopts a non-binding resolution condemning the Syrian government for its use of force against civilians, noting ampquothuman rights abusesampquot by opposition forces, and reproaching the United Nations Security Council for its ampquotfailureampquot to counter the crisis. (CNN)
- An explosion in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi kills at least one person. (BBC)
- North Korea asks for food aid from the United Nations after last month's floods. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 August 2012
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lierse - Standard : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - St Pauli : 0 - 0
- Hertha - Paderborn : 2 - 2
- Ingolstadt - Cottbus : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Arles - Lens : 0 - 0
- Clermont - Angers : 1 - 2
- Guingamp - Le Havre : 3 - 3
- Istres - Ajaccio GFCO : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?