Saturday 4 August 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 2012). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Andala Rakshasi, directed by Hanumantha Rao Raghavapudi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching True Love.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emo Ray vs the Intergalactic Teddy Bears or Chaos on Deponia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 2012
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2012 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian Civil War (2011–present):
- Clashes continue in Aleppo, with fighting near the city's television and radio station. (Al Jazeera)
- Renewed fighting erupts in the capital, Damascus. (MSN)
- Russia and Chinandashtwo of the 12 countries that opposed a United Nations General Assembly resolution concerning Syriandashcriticise the resolution as one-sided. (Al Jazeera)
- Nearly 48 Iranian pilgrims are kidnapped from a bus in the vicinity of a shrine near Damascus. (BBC)
- 2011–2012 Saudi Arabian protests:
- A soldier and protester are killed in a demonstration in the eastern city of Qatif. (Al Jazeera)
- Bahraini uprising (2011–present):
- The daughter of activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja has her detention extended and is charged with ampquotdestroying government propertyampquot. (''The Huffington Post'')
- A suicide bombing in the southern Yemeni province of Abyan kills at least 45 people. (BBC)
- Gunmen attack an oil barge off the Niger Delta in Nigeria, killing two navy sailors and kidnapping four foreigners. (BBC)
- Iran claims to have successfully test fired a Fateh-110 missile. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- North Korea raises the death toll from recent floods to 169, with 400 missing. (IOL)
- Heavy rains in the Indian state of Uttarakhand causes the loss of at least six lives in floods and landslides. (''The Times of India'')
- Jailed Islamist cleric Abu Bakar Bashir threatens to wage war in Burma following alleged abuses by Buddhists against the country's Rohingya people by the Tatmadaw, in a letter to Burmese president Thein Sein. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Sudan confirms an oil agreement with neighbouring South Sudan. (Deutsche Welle)
- The defence lawyer for the Russian band Pussy Riot says the accused face long jail terms, and accuses the court of pressuring the defendants and witnesses. (Bangladesh News 24)
- The Parliament of Afghanistan votes to dismiss the Defence and Interior Ministers over continued cross-border shelling by Pakistan. (Reuters)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 August 2012
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Germinal : 1 - 0
- Cercle Brugge - Kortrijk : 1 - 2
- Charleroi - Club Brugge : 0 - 1
- Lokeren - Bergen : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Dresden : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Regensburg : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Caen - Auxerre : 3 - 1
- Nimes - Nantes : 0 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Celtic - Aberdeen : 1 - 0
- Hearts - St Johnstone : 2 - 0
- Kilmarnock - Dundee : 0 - 0
- Ross County - Motherwell : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mercy - Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
- Lemme See - Usher Featuring Rick Ross
- No Lie - 2 Chainz Featuring Drake
- Climax - Usher
- Bag Of Money - Wale Featuring Rick Ross, Meek Mill & T-Pain
- Nobody's Perfect - J. Cole Featuring Missy Elliott
- Heart Attack - Trey Songz
- Take It To The Head - DJ Khaled Featuring Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne
- 2 Reasons - Trey Songz Featuring T.I.
- Amen - Meek Mill Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Diabla - Romeo Santos
- Hasta Que Salga El Sol - Don Omar
- Follow The Leader - Wisin & Yandel + Jennifer Lopez
- Amor Confuso - Gerardo Ortiz
- Llamada de Mi Ex - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Sin Respiracion - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Bailando Por El Mundo - Juan Magan Featuring Pitbull & El Cata
- Mirando Al Cielo - Roberto Tapia
- Michel Telo - Ai Se Eu Te Pego
- La Mosca - Los Horoscopos de Durango Featuring Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?