Friday 10 August 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Sparkle, directed by Salim Akil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Wild by Cheryl Strayed was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Go Public: A Documentary Film Project.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube? or DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 August 2012 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 August
- Mexican Drug War:
- Four suspected drug traffickers of the Sinaloa Cartel, including the cousin of Joaquín ampquotEl Chapoampquot Guzmán, Mexico's most-wanted drug lord, are captured in Spain. (BBC News)
- A Libyan army general Mohammed Hadia al Feitouri is shot dead in Benghazi. (BBC)
- The death toll from recent floods in the Philippines capital Manila and surrounding regions rises to 60. (AAP via SBS)
- The United States says they are planning to help clean up herbicide Agent Orange from areas of Vietnam, the first time since the Vietnam War ended in 1975. (CNN)
- The South Korean Yonhap news agency reports that the President of South Korea Lee Myung-bak is considering visiting the disputed Liancourt Rocks, which are also claimed by Japan. (Yonhap)
- Tens of thousands of people attend the state funeral for President John Atta Mills in Accra, Ghana. (BBC)
- Disappearance of Tia Sharp: A body is discovered in Tia Sharp's grandmother's house, and police announce that they are looking for the girl's step-grandfather. (Sky News)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- Colombia's Mariana Pajón wins gold at the Women's BMX final, making it the second gold medal in the history of the South American country. (''El Tiempo'')
- Juventus coach Antonio Conte is banned for 10 months due to his alleged role in match-fixing. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 August 2012
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Waasland-Beveren : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aalen - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 2
- Cottbus - Erzgebirge Aue : 3 - 0
- FC Koln - Sandhausen : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio GFCO - Arles : 1 - 1
- Angers - Guingamp : 1 - 2
- Chateauroux - Le Mans : 1 - 0
- Clermont - Nimes : 2 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Montpellier - Toulouse : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?