Saturday January 06, 1900, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1900, UK date format: 6/1/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel d'Astier de la Vigerie and Pierre-Octave Ferroud.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1900?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.