Saturday 6 January 1900, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel d'Astier de la Vigerie and Pierre-Octave Ferroud.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1900
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1900 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Emmanuel d'Astier de la Vigerie
- Pierre-Octave Ferroud: French Composer (Surgery & Foules), dies at 36.
- Pierre Ferroud: French musician, composer, critic and author.
- Pierre-Octave Ferroud French composer (Sarabande: Jeunesse).
- Maria of: Maria of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.