Sunday 3 June 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Brave, directed by Mark Andrews, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Road To Grace by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Joey+Rory Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! or Dragon's Dogma.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 3 June 2012 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 June
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Sporadic fighting continues in Tripoli, Lebanon, between supporters and opponents of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad. (''The Daily Star'')
- A U.S. drone attack in Pakistan's South Waziristan tribal region kills at least 10 suspected militants. (AP via ''Boston Herald'')
- A suicide car bombing outside a church in the Nigerian city of Bauchi kills 15 people and injures 42 others. (The Nation)
- The Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom reaches its peak with a pageant on the River Thames. (BBC)
- A plane carrying 153 people on board crashes in a residential neighborhood in Lagos, Nigeria, killing everyone on board and 10 people on the ground. (CNN)
- United States Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta visits a former U.S. base in Cam Ranh Bay, the first visit by an American official of cabinet rank to Vietnam since the Vietnam War. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Police in China crack down on political activists marking the 23rd anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. (''The Daily Times'')
- Police in Japan arrest Naoko Kikuchi, a member of the Aum Shinrikyo cult and one of the two fugitives still at large wanted over the deadly sarin gas attacks on the Tokyo subway in March 1995. (BBC)
- Demonstrations take place in Turkey against a proposed plan to limit the time for abortions. (Al Jazeera)
- Speaking on the BBC's ''The Andrew Marr Show'', British Prime Minister David Cameron says that Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt ampquotacted wiselyampquot in his handling of the BSkyB takeover bid. (BBC)
- In golf, Tiger Woods wins the Memorial Tournament played at the Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, tying with Jack Nicklaus for PGA Tour victories. (AP via Google News)
- Alexander Serebryakov wins cycling's Philadelphia International Championship. (VeloNation)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 June 2012
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Alcoyano : 1 - 0
- Celta - Cordoba : 0 - 0
- Elche - Gimnastic : 1 - 0
- Huesca - Hercules : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?