Saturday 30 June 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Third Gate by Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 20: Tricoro or Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 June 2012 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- 83 people are killed, mostly civilians, in the violence across Syria. In a single incident, 30 people are killed while attending a funeral in the town of Zamalka, just east of Damascus. (''Sacramento Bee'')
- International powers including the United States, Russia and the People's Republic of China agree to a transition plan for Syria. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A UNESCO World Heritage site is destroyed by Muslim fighters in Timbuktu. The mausoleum of Sidi Mahmoud Ben Amar is destroyed. The fighters are said to have ties with al-Qaida. (''The Washington Post'')
- A Salvador Dalí drawing lifted last week from a New York gallery is returned by post. (BBC)
- Mobile photo-sharing service Instagram and others sites are forced offline due to thunderstorms and widespread power outages in the eastern United States. (Al Jazeera)
- Libor Inter-bank interest rate
- Barclays Chief Executive Bob Diamond is summoned to appear before British MPs next week. (''ITV News'')
- Samsung is barred from selling its Galaxy Nexus phone in the United States due to a patent dispute with Apple Inc. (''The Washington Post'')
- A strong earthquake hits the Xinjiang region of western China with rescuers dispatched to search for casualties. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Mohamed Morsi is sworn in as President of Egypt, the first president elected since Hosni Mubarak was ousted in last year's revolution. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili names Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili as the country's new Prime Minister. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- The Molecule of the Year 2011 is BMP7 as announced by Isidro T. Savillo, President, ISMCBBPR. (''Scientist Solutions'')
- Laurent Blanc vacates his job as manager of the France national football team following his team's exit from the tournament. (ESPN)
- Michel Platini suggests UEFA Euro 2020 could be spread across the continent. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?