Friday 3 March 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Cheshire in Burbank and Alexander Volkov.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1967 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Elizabeth Cheshire in Burbank: California, USA; actress (Jill - Sunshine).
- Alexander Volkov: in Russia; tennis star.
- Calvin Williams: NFL wide receiver (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Go Mi-Young: South Korean female mountaineer (d. 2009).
- Brian Minear: American criminal who, on 4/19/1988, committed burglary and was sentenced to ten years in prison.
- Shankar Mahadevan: Indian singer-songwriter (Shankar Ehsaan Loy)
- Georges Lonque: Composer, dies at 66.
- White Sox given permission to use semi-DH in training camp with home club permission (use of pinch hitter twice in same game)
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Grenada gains partial independence from Britain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?