Monday 6 March 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Connie Britton and Julio Bocca.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Here And Now You're Gone by The Supremes.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Birds Fall Down by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Children's Film Festival.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1967!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 March 1967 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Connie Britton: American actress, singer and producer.
- Julio Bocca: Argentian ballet dancer about whom one reviewer said "He dances like a god.
- Glenn Greenwald
- Shuler Hensley: American actor and singer.
- Nelson Eddy: American baritone singer and actor, a heartthrob of his day, particularly in musicals with soprano Jeannette MacDonald in the '30s and '40s.
- Oscar Shaw: Actor (Rhythm on the River, Marianne), dies at 76.
- John Haden Badley: English author and educator (Born 1865).
- Zoltan Kodaly: Hungarian composer, ethnomusicologist, pedagogue, linguist, and philosopher.
- 2nd Academy of Country Music Awards
- Jimmy Hoffa enters Lewisburg Federal Prison
- Muhammad Ali is order by selective service to be inducted
- WACS TV channel 25 in Dawson, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Josef Stalin's daughter Svetlana Allilujeva asks for political asylum in US.
- Joseph Stalin's daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva defects to the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?