Friday 17 March 1967, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa Allen in Portland and Kim Cathrein in Salinas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Penny Lane by The Beatles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1967 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Melissa Allen in Portland: Oregon, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Reebok National-13th-1994).
- Kim Cathrein in Salinas: California, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Rochester International-24th).
- Chris Luongo in Detroit: Michigan, USA; NHL defenseman (New York Islanders).
- Billy Corgan: American musician, lead singer, guitarist and composer for his group "Smashing Pumpkins", 1988-2000.
- Van Conner: American bass player (Screaming Trees).
- Barry Minkow: American pastor and businessman
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?