Saturday 25 March 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Takayuki Miura and Matthew Barney.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while All In The Family by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1967 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Takayuki Miura: hockey defenseman (Team Japan 1998).
- Matthew Barney: American sculptor and photographer.
- Doug Stanhope: American comedian and actor.
- Debi Thomas: United States -- Figure skater (1988 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Renato Cellini: Italian conductor (Bornc.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?