Sunday 12 March 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rowelle Blenman and Irvin Smith.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Here And Now You're Gone by The Supremes.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Chimes at Midnight, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Birds Fall Down by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1967 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Rowelle Blenman: WLAF cornerback / safety (London Monarchs).
- Irvin Smith: Canadian Football League cornerback (Montreal Alouettes).
- Julio Dely Valdes: Panamanian footballer.
- Jorge Valdés: Panamanian footballer and manager.
- Julio Valdés: Panamanian footballer and manager.
- Indonesian congress deprives President Sukarno of authority.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?