Sunday 19 March 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Scheer and Michael Bletsas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Penny Lane by The Beatles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1967 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Mary Scheer: American actress and comedian.
- Michael Bletsas: Greek engineer, Director of Computing at the MIT Media Lab.
- Sergei Bragin: Estonian footballer.
- Vladimir Konstantinov: Russian-American ice hockey player.
- Katia Tiutiunnik: Australian viola player and composer.
- Fr Somaliland (Djibouti) votes to continue association with France
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Orange Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?