Thursday 3 November 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Void.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnival Island or Dead Block.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 November 2011 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 November
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- At least 20 people and 13 soldiers are killed in ongoing fighting in the city of Homs. (Reuters)
- President of Syria Bashar al-Assad agrees with the Arab League to end the crackdown on the uprising in Syria, releasing political prisoners and allowing international news agencies back into Syria. (CNN)
- The Port of Oakland in the US state of California reopens after a second police crackdown on Occupy Oakland. (''USA Today'')
- Advanced Micro Devices announces that it will be cutting 1,400 jobs or 12 per cent of its work force. (AP via News OK)
- An Egyptian ferry carrying 1200 people catches fire in the Red Sea between the Jordanian port of Aqaba and Nuweiba. (BBC)
- Eurozone debt crisis:
- The 2011 G-20 summit gets underway in the French city of Cannes, with discussions expected to focus on the continuing Eurozone debt crisis. (BBC News)
- The Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou holds an emergency Cabinet meeting, during which the cancellation of the Greek economy referendum is announced following negotiations with opposition lawmakers. (''Financial Times'')
- Antonis Samaras, the leader of the main Greek Opposition party New Democracy, leads his party out of the Hellenic Parliament during a no-confidence debate. (CTV)
- The City of London Corporation offers Occupy London demonstrators a deal to halt legal action which would allow them to stay at St Paul's Cathedral until 2012 providing they then dismantle their camp. (BBC)
- Three members of the Pakistan national cricket team (Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir) together with agent Mazhar Majeed are given jail sentences for their roles in a spot-fixing scandal. (''New York Times'')
- The U.S. Department of Energy publishes 2010 greenhouse gases levels, showing they are higher than the worst case scenario outlined by IPCC climate experts just four years ago. (''AccuWeather'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?