Sunday 13 November 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Next List.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Galactic Racing or don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 November 2011 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- At least six people are dead and four injured after a bomb in a donkey cart explodes in Mastak in Pakistan. (AFP via Google News)
- The Yemeni Army and tribal fighters kill nine suspected Al Qaeda militants in fighting in the town of Zinjibar. (Reuters)
- Members of Occupy London report harassment during Remembrance Sunday services at St Paul's Cathedral. (''The Guardian'')
- Undercover British police officer Mark Kennedy admits that, in the guise of an environmental activist, he was used by the police forces of 22 countries, was responsible for the closing down of the Youth House community centre in Copenhagen, and committed two crimes on behalf of German police between 2004 and 2009, one of which was arson. (''The Guardian'')
- Frisking of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam by the United States:
- India threatens retaliatory action against the United States and the Congress utters its condemnation. (NDTV)
- Belden Namah, the Deputy Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, and Allan Marat, the Attorney General, agree to hand themselves into Police following a ruling by the Supreme Court. (News Limited)
- Law enforcement in Brazil occupy Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro's biggest ''favela'' or slum, in a bid to clean the city ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics. (AP via MSNBC)
- Former South African rugby union player Solly Tyibilika is shot dead in a bar in Cape Town. (BBC)
- The police in the US city of Portland, Oregon close down the Occupy Portland site resulting in 50 arrests. (Reuters)
- An Israeli cabinet committee passes legislation backed by prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu to limit potentially tens of millions in foreign funding to non-government organizations. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Voters in South Ossetia, a breakaway region of Georgia, go to the polls for a presidential election and a referendum. (RIA)
- The President of Italy Giorgio Napolitano nominates Mario Monti to be the new Prime Minister. (CNN Money)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 November 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?