Friday 4 November 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The F-List.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Shooter 2 or Captain America: Super Soldier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 November 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 November
- The Israeli Navy boards two ships carrying pro-Palestinian activists en route to the Gaza Strip. (BBC/Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- U.S. General John R. Allen, the head of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan, sacks Maj. Gen. Peter Fuller for making inappropriate comments about Afghan President Hamid Karzai and his government. (AP via WVEC)
- Alfonso Cano, the head of the Colombian militant organisation FARC, is reportedly killed in a raid by the Colombian Army. (AP via Google News)
- Millions of Muslims start the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca. (Radio Free Europe)
- Toyota extends production cuts in Japan and Thailand due to parts shortages caused by the 2011 Thailand floods. (BBC)
- Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney is appointed chairman of the Financial Stability Board. (''Globe and Mail'')
- Rescuers are working to save 57 coal miners trapped in Sanmenxia in China's Henan province. (AP via ''Times of India'')
- A 27-vehicle traffic collision on the M5 Motorway, near Taunton in the English county of Somerset, results in at least 7 deaths, 35 injuries and the closure of the motorway. (BBC)
- The jury retires to consider its verdict in the trial of Dr Conrad Murray for the alleged involuntary manslaughter of U.S. entertainer Michael Jackson. (CNN)
- Jill Evans, a Welsh MEP, is fined £575 after refusing to pay her TV licence fee in protest over changes to the Welsh-language channel S4C. (BBC)
- The Hellenic Parliament rejects a no-confidence motion against the Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou following a failed attempt to hold a referendum on a Eurozone bailout. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- British Business Secretary Vince Cable apologises after confidential documents are discovered dumped in waste bins outside his constituency office. (BBC)
- Former journalist and recently-elected MSP Ruth Davidson is announced as the new leader of the Scottish Conservative Party. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 November 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?