Wednesday 3 November 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 3, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Obama'S Wars by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching In Between Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle of the Immortals or Cause of Death: Can you Catch the Killer?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 November 2010 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 November
- Jerry Bock: New Haven, Connecticut -- Broadway composer (Fiddler on the Roof).
- Jim Clench Canadian bassist (April Wine and Bachman: Turner Overdrive) (Born 1949).
- Viktor Chernomyrdin: Russian businessman and politician 30th Prime Minister of Russia (d. 2010).
- Greece suspends air mail deliveries after a series of parcel bombs are sent to foreign embassies and leaders. (''People's Daily'')
- At least 17 co-ordinated explosions across a widespread area of Baghdad kill 113 people and wound more than 271. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The South Korean Navy fires warning shots at a North Korean fishing boat at the Northern Limit Line maritime border. (''Korea Times'')
- A Singapore court convicts British author Alan Shadrake of insulting the judicial system in his book ''Once a Jolly Hangman: Singapore Justice in the Dock''. (BBC)
- At least 25,000 students take to the streets of Dublin to protest against rising emigration, unemployment and an increase in university fees, in the largest such demonstration for a generation. (''University Observer'')
- The Government of Canada announces that it will block a $38.6bn hostile takeover bid by BHP Billiton for Potash Corporation. (BBC)
- The United States Federal Reserve announces its plan for further quantitative easing in a bid to ward off deflation. (CNN)
- The central bank of Iceland, i.e. the Sedlabanki, cuts its key interest rate to 5.50 percent, a somewhat deeper cut than had been expected. This is part of an ongoing policy of expanding the money supply in response to the crisis of 2008. (Reuters)
- Two people die and 50 are injured after a 5.4 magnitude earthquake hits Central Serbia. (Forbes)
- A French court orders the extradition of Rwandan rebel leader Callixte Mbarushimana to stand trial at the International Criminal Court. (''The East African'')
- The United Nations schedules a new round of talks on the Western Sahara. (BBC)
- NATO's Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen is to visit Russia to discuss the European missile defence project with President Medvedev. (Xinhua)
- David Tamihere is granted parole after serving 20 years imprisonment for the 1989 murders of two Swedish backpackers in New Zealand. (''NZ Herald'')
- Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani is to be hanged for murder today in Iran, according to the International Committee against Stoning. (''The Irish Times'')
- San Francisco passes a law banning McDonald's from giving free children's toys with unhealthy food. (Reuters)
- The United States Border Patrol finds a sophisticated tunnel between Tijuana in Mexico and Otay Mesa, California, used by drug smugglers. (Reuters)
- Constitutional referendum results in Niger show that 90% of voters approve a return to civilian rule from the Supreme Council for the Restoration of Democracy military junta. (BBC)
- Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf dissolves her cabinet. (Reuters)
- A package addressed to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi bursts into flames at Bologna Airport during a police inspection. (Xinhua)
- Former Russian Premier and founder of Gazprom Viktor Chernomyrdin dies at 72. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
With banks looking for alternative methods to finance mortgages, some analysts are promoting covered bonds, an instrument popular in Europe since the 18th century. [..]
Despite a $1 million donation from the hedge fund magnate, California’s Proposition 19, which would have legalized marijuana for recreational use, was smoked at the polls. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.37
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.04
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.24
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.85
- 1 CHF = 6.8637 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.638 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9626 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.679 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?