Wednesday 30 November 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Sense Of An Ending by Julian Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Mirror.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 November 2011 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- Up to two million public sector workers in the United Kingdom commence a 24-hour strike over pension reforms, affecting schools, hospitals, airports, ports and government offices nationwide. (BBC)
- It is announced that Laurent Gbagbo, the former President of Côte d'Ivoire, has been transferred to the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands, to face trial for crimes against humanity. (CNN)
- 2011 attack on British embassy in Iran:
- The Iranian Foreign Ministry calls the attacks ampquotunacceptableampquot, stating that they happened despite the efforts of the embassy guards. Police arrest 12 protesters in connection with the attacks. (Fars News)
- Speaker of the Iranian Parliament Ali Larijani claims that the students represent Iran's public opinion, and attacks Britain. (Fars News)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrives in Burma to urge political reforms. (Reuters)
- Researchers at Washington State University develop an artificial bone ampquotscaffoldampquot which can be produced using 3D printers, potentially allowing doctors to quickly print replacement bone tissue for injured patients. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 November 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Wrexham - Darlington : 2 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Ayr - Partick : 0 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Olympiakos - Doxa Dramas : 6 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?