Tuesday 8 November 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 8, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while West By West by Jerry West and Jonathan Coleman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hell on Wheels.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asphalt: Injection or The Adventures of Shuggy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 November 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 November
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian government continues its crackdown on protesters and army defectors in the city of Homs, killing dozens of civilians in the process. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations reports that the death toll of the eight-month-old Syrian uprising has reached 3,500. (BBC)
- Russia starts commercial natural gas deliveries to Central Europe via the Nord Stream, the world's longest submerged pipeline. (The Local)
- A record number of Americans — 49.1 million — are living below the poverty line, based on a new census measure. (''Washington Post'')
- Flooding in Thailand reaches the residence of the Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in Bangkok, forcing her to withdraw from the Hawaii APEC summit to deal with the crisis. (Reuters)
- At least 16 people are killed in a stampede during a religious festival in the Indian city of Haridwar, Uttarakhand. (CNN)
- A British Red Arrows pilot dies after being accidentally ejected from his BAE Hawk jet aircraft while on the ground at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire. (''The Telegraph'')
- The International Atomic Energy Agency releases a report that says that Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear device, and that the project may still be under way. (CNN)
- Human rights groups send an open letter to the President of the People's Republic of China, Hu Jintao, pressing the Chinese government to address the underlying causes of protests that have led 11 Tibetans to set themselves on fire since March. (''The Tibetan Post'')
- Journalists report comments by French President Nicolas Sarkozy to US President Barack Obama at the G20 summit in Cannes, in which Sarkozy called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a ampquotliarampquot. (BBC)
- The Australian Senate votes to introduce a controversial carbon tax, a form of carbon pricing. (''The West Australian'' via Yahoo! 7 News)
- Resignation of Silvio Berlusconi:
- Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi narrowly wins a key budget vote in the Italian Parliament, but loses his parliamentary absolute majority as both allied and opposition politicians call on him to resign. (Reuters)
- Berlusconi announces that he will resign after the parliament passes a budget law. (Reuters)
- Voters in Liberia go to the polls for the second round of a presidential election, with the incumbent President, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, likely to be re-elected. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Voters in the United States vote in state, municipal, and local elections.
- Democratic Governor Steve Beshear is re-elected Governor of Kentucky. (CNN)
- Republican Phil Bryant is elected Governor of Mississippi. (''Jackson Clarion Ledger'')
- Democrat Jonathan Rothschild is elected Mayor of Tucson, Arizona. (''Tucson Sentinel'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 November 2011
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Annan Athletic - Peterhead : 2 - 0
- Clyde - Alloa : 0 - 1
- Elgin - Montrose : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Body 2 Body - Ace Hood Featuring Chris Brown
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- El Verdadero Amor Perdona - Mana Featuring Prince Royce
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Maquina Del Tiempo - Tito "El Bambino" Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Tonight - Seether
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Not Again - Staind
- Face To The Floor - Chevelle
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.20
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.63
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $28.11
- 1 CHF = 7.0904 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.287 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8866 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.597 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?